Charlotte Eyewitness News Exposes Todd Coontz Tricks

Todd Coontz regularly asks for “miracle-seed” donations–often in the amount of $273. According to Coontz, “Several years ago, God gave me the single greatest miracle of my lifetime in one day… and the numbers 273 were involved…” Jim Bradley of Eyewitenss News discovered that is the unit number of his 7th floor $1.38 million dollar high-rise condominium! This expose describes Coontz’ opulent lifestyle.

50 Comments

1. Scott312

I’m not sure if I have seen him not asking for money. There is something about him that doesn’t seen right.

1. I agree..There is something about Todd I do not trust..I watch and listen and I want 2 believe Him but I cant..I dont understand how Benny can buy into his BULL..H does not seem sincere..He is like a robot..he makes money from his books and tapes no doubt..

1. Deadjuice

This shouldn’t be such a mental struggle for you people.

1. God doesn’t need money.

2. Todd Coontz DEFIANTLY doesn’t need your money… the money YOU’VE worked hard to get.

3. No pastor that can get themselves on TV, or has a million dollar hi-rise EVER needs your money. God will provide for him as he apparently has already up to that point.

4. Don’t give ANYONE money so that God can bless you. That is a perversion of God’s grace.

Think for yourself. God will help you, not Todd Coontz.

1. Herbert L.

What about $1000.00,that is what he was asking in his last show on Sunday, I need 1189 people to make the phone call and saw their seed,that is $1,189,000.00 Dlls.
            Good business.

2. Steve

Benny buys into his bull Because Benny promotes the same crap as do most of the other TV robbers (sorry Evangelists)
        It is an american sham of a gospel message
        Gospel = good news give momey is good news for these crooks
        See Copeland, That sex pest Murdoch, The convicted fraudster Jimmy Swaggart, The convicted fraudster Peter Poppoff etc etc Joyce Meyer to name but a few

2. George Nosaluk

M.MURDACH WANTED $1.000 NO LESS Coontz wanted $273.00 SHAME ON. THEMED

3. Ruffintemp

Shame, shame!! The true Gospel has gotten lost in the midst of all this begging and greed for filthy lucre!! Where is the invitation for people to know and accept Christ; Where is the Gospel to lift the Saviour up instead of GIMME, GIMMEE! What is sad is so many gullible people that buy into this scam thinking they have to pay money in order to be blessed by God. Matthew 6:33 Seek ye first ,the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and ALL these things will be added unto you.

4. david kite

I AM CONFUSED DIDN’t JESUS SAY GIVE AND IT WILL BE GIVEN UNTO YOU PRESSED DOWN SHAKEN TOGETHER RUNNING OVER SHALL MEN GIVE UNTO YOUR BOSOM!

1. therelle

yes we are supposed to give to GOD but it’s to the church we’re attending. charity starts at home. if i’m not giving to my own church why would i give to someone else. second the bible tells us to seek ye first the kindom of GOD and everthing shall be added unto you. no where in the bible does it tell us to give money even tithes and offering it’s never mentioned of money. also in first and second timothy God warns us about false preachers and teachers who lure us in for much wanteness and is puffed up or living lavishly they promise liberty while they themselves are in bondage. the problem with people is that they never see these types of pastors giving others 1000 or so dollars they are just using GODS name to make money and the bible says they will end up in hell. the prosperity gospel is false GOD wants us to build treasures in heaven rather than earth seeing he’s going create a new one anyway when he sets up his kingdom.

2. Richard

Yes! IF you have REPENTED, accepted HIM as your risen Savior, and you are OBEDIENT to the HOLY SPIRIT!

3. Jesus' follower

Jesus means ‘give to those who needs, not sow a seed’. When you give to those who needs; you should not expect anything back or a miracle. You should only give from your heart because you care and want to help the person in need. When you do it this way then GOD will bless you only if you keep away from all sin. But as it is written ‘Seek first the kingdom of heaven and everything else will be added’

5. mindstudent

Mr Coontz is just one of a herd of possible sociopath type personalities, that have no concern for the people they are robbing. It is a shame that our country cannot have a law to protect citizens who fall pray to their criminal ways. Perhaps we need a redefining of the term church.

6. P. Hawkins

So what if that’s the unit number of his condo? You’re loosing site of the big picture, which is having faith that these things too can be your’s. when you exercise faith, that is seeking His kingdom first. He is the author and the finisher. Everything belongs to Him anyway. The message that the pastor is conveying is that anyone can have whatever they want because of their faith. He backs up his message with accurate scriptures. I suggest that we stop dissecting the messenger and start to dissect the message instead. He describes the difference in hope and faith and challenges one to test, for lack of a better word, God and see what He will do if only you trust, ask with expectancy, believe and then you will receive. I suggest other readings such as “The Game of Life and How to Play It”, “Think and Grow Rich”, and “The Science of Getting Rich”. I know the titles seems to focus on greed, but I can promise you that once you read either of those, you will have a different and better understanding of both Todd Coontz and Dr. Mike Murdock’s messages.

1. Dan PIke

No where, no where, no where in the bible does it tell you to seek money! This guy (Todd Coontz) is a charlatan! I used to buy into his and other prosperity preacher lies. They say send in your money so we can preach the gospel..but you never hear the gospel. All you hear is more pleas for money. Google these preachers and see the opulent lifestyles they live. That’s where your money is going. Oh, they used some on the money to pay for their ‘air time’…but that is just so they can ask for more money.
      Abraham was a wealthy man, but he never sought it! God just gave it to him period. Why does ‘sowing’ always have to do with money? Why not sow seeds of love, peace, etc? God promised to meet all our needs..not greed’s. Christians today are to materialistic, and money hungry and theses preachers prey on that! Wake Up! and quit sending these wolves money and make them go out and get honest work.

1. Richard

America! Wake up! God has marked these Prosperity Preachers with a twitch or tick! Just look for it, some like Mike Murdock can really hide it well, but others like Todd Coontz and several others can’t. God true ministers don’t have to beg. God is very CAPABLE of telling people Himself what and who to give to. Todd Coontz said GOD told him for you to NOT to give to your local Church, but to give to his place of choice!!!! SHAME ON YOU TIM COONTZ!!!! May GOD have MERCY ON YOUR SOUL! You should always give to where you are being FED!! NOT FLEECED!!!!!!

2. Jeff

So you think it’s ok for a person to beg for money from poor people, asking them to “put it on their credit card,” and then buy Maseratis and Ferraris for themselves? I think of my humble pastor who died around 10 years ago, and how he could have been rich, but would not and could not keep anything for himself, and how opposite their “ministries” are. Do you actually understand what this guy is doing? He is claiming to have a ministry that doesn’t even exist. Every single “sermon” asks for money, and pretty much all of it goes to luxuries for himself. I mean, who needs a Masserati AND a Ferrari? How can he even sleep at night? I beg you not to be taken by this. The Bible teaches that all who say they are speaking in the name of God are actually his children. I’m not suggesting you hate anyone, but don’t be fooled. Are you suggesting that everyone who calls themselves a “preacher” is actually representing the word of God?

3. Frank Cava

The whole premise of religion and god started as a business back even before the biblical days. The creators of all this nonsense found an easy way to make a buck was by taking advantage of man’s fears. Some fears were natural: darkness and death. Some were created to further their cause: the fear of the devil and hell.
      That has continued to this day. Religion with all it’s persuasion and artifacts is nothing but the glorified selling of power and good luck charms cloaked in ceremony and ritual.
      You want to get somewhere? Take the money that you would donate to god, Coontz and other heavenly charlatans, churches, religion, etc., and invest it in yourself. Go to school, take a class, buy some property, start a business. Waiting for god to send you a winning lottery ticket is like believing in Santa Claus: Eventually, you will have to face the truth. Everyone knows, the best way to get a brand new bike for Christmas is to have rich parents. Unless you still believe in Santa Claus. Do you?

1. Pete

It has been our experience here at the Trinity Foundation with the victims (those who have given money to people like Coontz) that many if not most of them are reasonable and intelligent but are desperate. The victims may have a relative who is dying, they might be in dire financial straits about to become homeless, or they might be in severe pain and they are giving out of desperation in hopes that these “Santa Clause” promises are true. We don’t condemn the misguided generosity of the victims, but rather the con-men (or women) who are taking advantage of the situation.

4. Thomas

Todd speaks directly to God but not to me. I have to write to Todd his being an oracle. Time to put an end to Todddy Woddy and his fellow hucksters. Robbing the old, feeble or naive without conscience is wrong.

7. Christian

False teachers are so many. I am a father of four. I don’t ask my children to give
    Me more money so that I can give them more money.
    When my children ask me for something, freely, I lovingly and happily give them
    What they want according to my ability. Loving me and obeying me is enough.
    How much more our Heavenly Father.
    Ask and you shall received that your joy may be full.

8. The reason these pimps are so successful is because they have a pplied a secular type of making money by using scripture that is twisted to convince people they are from God. The reason they don’t promote a Christ as Saviour for the lost is because they themselves are not saved. There are so many scriptures that condemnexpose these heretics for what they truly are.
    “1Ti_3:8 Likewise must the deacons be grave, not doubletongued, not given to much wine, not greedy of filthy lucre;
    Tit_1:7 For a bishop must be blameless, as the steward of God; not selfwilled, not soon angry, not given to wine, no striker, not given to filthy lucre;
    Tit_1:11 Whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre’s sake.
    1Pe_5:2 Feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight thereof, not by constraint, but willingly; not for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind”.
    My heart mourns for the millions of misled souls who buy into this nonsense and who sadly fall into the following scripture, “Mat_15:14 Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch”. Saints of God wake up and discern that these people are false leaders…….for I tell you this, God will supply all your need and not your greed according to His Word, “Php_4:19 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus” But only when you do the following, ” Mat_6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you”. Don’t be misled by these men who make merchindise, “2Pe_2:3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not”. Need I say more!!

1. Rich P.

AMEN….they’re preying on Christians who are lured into WORLDLY wealth and flesh focus. The kingdom of God is to FOLLOW this life – in this life we are to SERVE JESUS cause – SAVED SOULS.

God can and does bless – but NOT based on our human intent for wealth. In other words, we are NOT to SOW for personal financial gain – we are to sow out of LOVE and OBEDIENCE to God towards the furtherance of Jesus mission !

SOW towards MISSIONS that live on as little as $500 per month while they build churches in foreign lands to spread the gospel. THAT is SOW’ing – not giving this guy and other like preachers thousands so they can live their lavish lifestyles. That is NOT SOW’ing to GOD’s fields. God’s fields are the POOR, the HUNGRY, the NEEDY…..

9. Bottom line on these pimps is they are not of God and they are nothing less than thieves.

10. James Thomas Halasz

So I’m guessing that this Todd coontz puts all of this money he receives from misguided people into a direct pneumatic pipeline to god himself. Sarcasm by the way. This man is a spiritual crook and deserves a prison sentence or preferably worse. Since when does paying someone get you right with god. God is free just put your hands together and believe and whatever you do don’t listen to anything about god that doesn’t come from the bible. This man is only in it for his own greed and will reap what his infomercials sow, in hell that is.

11. J. Gurtler

I’ve watched this guy (in brief spurts) for couple of years for the entertainment value. I’ve never seen a more transparent charlatan. If you listen, he’ll occassionally butcher some Biblical pronunciation (from any way an evangelical would pronounce it) such that you wonder if he even has any kind of religious background or has ever been any kind of Bible teacher in the past.

1. ralf

Absolutely correct ….. any supposed “Dr.” of theology
      would know how to pronounce Deuteronomy. He
      always says “Dew-ter-rom-ony”…. You are spot on.

1. JeffNPlano

He’s saying Dew-ter-ah-money!

12. WaveRunr

How do you know when the Devil’s lying?
    When his mouth’s moving.

How do you know a person’s a fraud?
    When they offer the world.

This clown’s an embarrassment. Any sane person saved or not can tell this fool’s a liar just by listening.

13. Robert Larsen

Coontz is among those who teach “give money to my ministry and God will give money to you”. There is no greater conflict of interest. I can’t think of anything that even comes close.

14. Johnthai64@gmail.com

So glade you are exposing these no gospel preaching harlots robbing the body of christ.
    Keep on keeper on
    god bless you.

15. David

Move over Robert Tilton. This despicable ***** pictured below, the biggest liar of all the false prophets on TV is going to get his some day and fall like Tilton. I have seen some bad people in my day but this is satan’s #1 tool on TV of all time. This man is rotten and evil to the core. I have never witnessed a bold face liar like Todd Coontz. Never! The stinch is enough to make a herd of billy goats puke.

Todd “con man” Coontz, honored by homosexual TBN President Paul Crouch, false prophet and liar extraordinaire Benny Hinn, charlatan Mike Murdock, GodTV, TCT and many other cable stations spreading the lies of hell with seed faith teaching and false prosperity prophesies is glorified weekly on almost every pseudo-christian station. He lies and steals and manipulates with boldness. No mention of the gospel. None. It’s all 100% money. It’s amazing the crap he gets away with???

What a day we live in?? Incredible how this con man liar can so easily come on satan’s TV and will literally lie and steal peoples money with ease.

Our weak worthless Pastor’s in the pulpit will not call a ***** like this out. Very few if any. David Wilkerson called Benny Hinn a blastphemer and a “fornicator of demons” but leadership on this level is almost non-existent. Jesus warned us about Jezebel in Revelations and rebuked the church for not judging her false teachings. Yet, inept spineless coward Christians will falsely claim “I am not to judge, the Bible says so”. Wrong *****!

1 Cor. 5:12-13, You are to judge those in the Church and to let God judge those outside the Church. All teaching and prophesy is to be judged!

16. Sonia Leffall

It is so interesting that I am watching this. I knew he was a fraud when I heard this. I immediately went online and found this website as soon I heard him. He is using ethos, logos and pathos to convince his listeners. I knew he was going to request money and I knew I was NOT going to send it. What a SHAME!

17. Bill

I’m Catholic but I have great respect and admiration for what the Trinity Foundation is doing. When I was younger, I used to watch these charlatans for a laugh. I couldn’t believe that anyone with a double digit IQ would sent those wolves a dime.

Then I watched several of the investigatory reports, tragically revealing the many duped souls who were sending cash to these criminals.

The cadre of corrupt televangelists are the clearest example of how human beings can totally corrupt themselves for money. Again, my thanks to Ole Anthony and his intrepid staff for keeping the spotlight on these reprobates.

God bless,
    Bill

18. Conrad Scroggins

He keeps citing “Deuteromony 27 verse 3″ … slippery … there IS no book named “Deuteromony” in the Bible … it’s “Deuteronomy”. Okay, so maybe Coontz is dyslexic as well as sociopathic … or he’s just as sleazy as he looks … or both. Whatever, don’t give this guy (or Mr. Murdock either, for that matter) anything he can spend.

1. ralf

You are spot on…… He always says “Dew-tur-rom-ony”!
      And he is a “Dr.” of what?????

2. janie francis

yes there is. and it said that you will live in the land of mild and honey. This is what God has in store for you.

19. Ike

This crook is one of the most disgusting people on the planet. Another vulture TV preacher using the name of God to STEAL. Truly amazing that this kind of criminal activity takes place. Because it’s religion it’s accepted behavior? How incredibly insane is that!

20. net

IF you listen to them, they all sound like “used car salesmen”, they never quote the bible, in their programs they never speak about God or Jesus, I feel, if people are gullible enough to believe these CROOKS, them shame on them, because the bible clearly speaks about these deceivers

21. Denise

Todd Coontz keeps referring to Deuteronomy 27:3, he wants you to sow $273 and it was exposed by the news that 273 is the unit number to his million dollar condo! He loves the number. Let’s wake up to the false prophets out there who are feeding off of believers like a leach!

22. Mike

People like Coontz, Murdock and Parsley Subscribe to the Gospel of P.T. Barnum. When asked by a Reporter why he was successful, He replied “Son, its simple. There’s a Sucker Born every Minute”.

23. md

Christians should know if they study God’s word and attend a local church to not throw their money away to these thieves and liars. God has no part of them. Shame on them for using God”s name in their schemes. They are wealthy because people keep sending them money

24. C. D. Bryant

I am a Christian & have been for many years. I sincerely believe that Murdock, Coonzt, Henn (chicken man), Curello, & any others who does not allow transparency into their finances are fakes & in it for the money. Notice how money is their main concern. Moneychangers in the Temple is the Biblical response to their tactics. If a minister does not teach centered around the Cross & the Will of God, turn them off. It’s just that simple. Your local churches need your money much more then these Moneychangers.

25. I agree with many of the comments about the surplus of false prophets on and off the air out there and that one must seek spiritual wisdom to avoid them at all cost.however God is not mocked because Mathew 6;2 tells us they already have their reward.I,m new to the greensboro,nc area and at this point do not have a church home.i,m currently looking for a black or multiracial church that has a Bible based teaching style of ministry but so far has been unsuccessful.my question is in the abscence of a church home does the Bible condone giving one,s” offerings” to tv ministries such as tct(total christian television net) ?according to the Bible where else can we give our offerings if not tv ministries or do we just simply save our offerings until we find a good Bible based church home.thanks for your time and research on this matter.

26. David Redding

Just seen that charlatan Todd Coontz telling exactly the same story as that other hyper charlatan Mike Murdock was telling as his own above FedEx and UPS – what a joke and people actually believe this garbage – well as someone once said there’s a sucker born every minute and that is what they rely on. Coontz, Murdock, Hinn, parsley and all those Prosperity Preachers ( a good name as they are the ones prospering from the saps who are conned by them) cannot believe in God otherwise there actions are condemning themselves to the fiery furnace of hell where they all belong – but they know they are preaching lies for their own gain and will never have to answer to any higher authority when there day is done – pity really.

27. David Redding

Oh and when are you Yanks going to stop the tax free status of these bogus religious organisations? I guess most of these Prosperity – Word of Faith enterprises – that’s what they are – business models set up to to fleece the unwary tax free – amazing that the Authorities haven’t worked that one out yet and put a stop to it then all these so called preachers could go back to selling snake oil remedies which is the basis of all they have to offer. Get real America and reign in these fraudsters.

28. Marion Dooley

We must keep speaking the truth of the bible and call these people out by name and warn those who are not grounded in God’s word to beware of wolves in sheep’s clothing. They are liars and deceivers . These evil people are only looking out for themselves and God’s speaks of those who are stumbling blocks
    to the true gospel. Let us be thankful for the true preachers who care about lost souls.

29. Bill S.

Watching this joker Todd Coontz on Inspiration Campmeeting. He is preaching and asking you to sow a seed of $360.00 to get out of debt. He has the nerve to ask you to put it on a credit card! Unbelieveable. He says, you used your card to get in debt, now use it to get out of debt. Please don’t be foolish and follow these so called preachers on this program. Google their names on the net. They have all been exposed. Pay your tithes to your church. You don’t buy blessings from God. He blesses you by believing in Him. I’ve been a Christian for many years and I can tell you these men are false prophets spoken of in the Bible.

1. John W

I agree Bill. People who are desperate, losing theirs homes, jobs, cannot provide for their kids, elderly people who cannot sleep due to health problems, lonely and bored and these beggers know this and I believe that’s the reason they are mainly on INSP in the wee hours knowing people cannot sleep and are desperate. How many programs on INSP preach and teach the word of God? How many these false beggers do you see on INSP??? Do your own math and get your true answer. As the economy becomes worse, people become more desperate the beggers grow over night. I encourage people to do their own research and see the wealth of these beggers and if they would give back as they claim they do then there would be less desperate hungry, homeless people. In closing, God have mercy on those that lead your children astray and let your anointing open the eyes and ears of the lost and dying desperate world, place your faith in the depths of your souls.In JESUS name I pray! Amen!

30. John Wyatt

People how many programs have you actually heard on INSP that PREACH the word of God????? Now how many programs on INSP “David Curillo” ask for money, 260$, !1000$, 111$, 273$, ect'; now you do your on math. God gifted preachers and teachers share Gods word with the lost and dying world, not beg for money using and twisting Gods word for trickery. Do your own research “and praying” to see how much money any of the beggars give to the poor???? It is so sad that its the nature of man for “desperate people resort to desperate measures” and this world is full of desperate people who so easily can be mislead to believe “give me 273$ and God will give you 273 million”, poverty, depression, drugs, ect; will cause man to become desperate to the thought these men are of God and can be trusted. Think about this, as out economy has gotten worse, people losing theirs homes, man unable to provide for his family, you wake up 1 morning you have no home, no money, your kids are hungry, and the beggers growing by the day, this sadly will cause man to become weak minded and desperate only to “out of total desperation” believe these false men are telling the truth. This is because of lack of faith, lack of studying the word of God , and again desperation. In closing lay your troubles at the MASTERS feet and BELIEVE HE WILL SEE YOU THROUGH!!!! May God have mercy on those that lead is children astray, and God touch, anoint, heal and open the eyes and ears of your children!! In your son Jesus name I ask. AMEN!!